Friday, August 7, 2009

2008 Bike Trips with Hubby (Part 2)


A rest... time to kick back and take in the view...


Hubby strapping me into my "kidney" belt before we depart. It is rather uncomfortable but very necessary for me. Although I dont wear it anymore. These pics are over a year old. I have picked up a lot of weight within the last year due to meds and hormones! But I am happy with who I am at the moment, and I had a good time last year on this trip.


This was a little shop we found in the country...I thought these two old "people" were really cute!


Another little "out of the way" little store, we stopped for something to drink!


Outside a lovely guest house, one morning before we left for the next destination.




A very interesting little coffee shop where we stopped for breakfast. They had paintings on sale that were painted by the locals..


We got sopping wet because the rain came down. At least the paniers kept most of our stuff dry, because I was soaked right through and needed a complete change of clothes.


...the guest farm we held up in from the rain, had the cutest springbuck running around!


This picture Trevor stopped to take on the way back from the trip. We had decided to turn back and head back home, which took two days. The rain had stopped, and there was now snow on the mountains...

It was a lovely trip...it took two weeks...but I was glad to be back at home. It is over year now since this trip.....




No comments:

Post a Comment